When I was a kid.
When I was a kid, I abhorred a subject called "Moral Science". It made me ask too many questions. Why should I care about something called integrity ? What is honesty and why should I be honest ? What is ethics ? What is good? What is bad ? Why should I always want the best in life, if I can settle with Average? Should I speak up against the things that I don't like or should I ignore and just suffocate from inside?
I used to find these questions too vain and unrealistic. But these questions never ceased to haunt me like a familiar ghost.
Years passed. Ups and Downs. I am here today. Grown up (I think). But this ghost is still taunting me. And Now it is saying that these questions are not unrealistic. I believe it. The answers to these questions exist. I just need to make one Christopher Columbus discovery. May be I will find the answers someday. May be I won't. Even if I don't, then no worries. At least I would die happily knowing that the answers to these questions exist somewhere and I spent my entire life searching them.
Now let me not just drift away with my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment